Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Iron Chef Competition

Last Friday, my school hosted an Iron Chef Competition at our downtown campus as part of the weekend's Taste of Charleston events. Last year, I volunteered and was assigned to assist two of the competing chefs. This year, I opted for behind the scenes volunteering and helped platter chocolates and petit fours for the dessert spread. I didn't actually have a part in making any of these products, but it was fun to plate and re-plate and talk with guests.

Here's some photos of the desserts, which included a variety of chocolates (nut clusters and ganache filled), cookies, coconut cake pops, mini bourbon-pecan pies, and many more.


















Another highlight of the event was that three of my friends from school - Katelyn, Kait and Sandrea - worked to create a wedding dress out of cake. They called their event "Wear Our Cake, and Eat It Too." Pretty cool stuff:

No comments:

Post a Comment