Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Bakeshop

If you read my previous post, you know that my morning in Artisan Breads was really challenging and I felt overwhelmed throughout the class. We finished a bit early so I had some extra time to scarf down lunch from my lunch bag. You see, after Breads which ends at 2:00pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays, I grab lunch and head back to the same classroom for my 2:40pm class which is Bakeshop, or Introduction to Baking and Pastry. It meets until 7:10pm. As you can see, today was one heck of a long day, and I'm a bit spent. In general, I equate today to trying to get back into shape: day two was much harder than day one.

Unlike my other classes this week, Bakeshop's first day was very general. We didn't do any hands on work; just the basic introductory first day type of stuff. On Thursday, we'll get into it with some actual baking, but after the morning session, I can honestly say I enjoyed the slowed-down pace of the afternoon. Thursday will be more realistic, but at least by that point, I'll have a better overall sense of what to expect. As for now, I'm tired and need a beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment