Sunday, September 19, 2010

Cinnamon Rolls

In Tuesday's afternoon Bakeshop class, we worked with sweet doughs and made cinnamon rolls. Yum. We made cinnamon rolls in three different ways. First, we cut rolls and left them as individual rolls, which were then glazed, which you can see here:



I had some difficulty with my rolls in that some of them came open during proofing and baking. Something to work on in the future.

Second, we made 8 individual rolls, but let them proof together to form an 8-pack. We put glaze on these in a criss-cross pattern using our fingers. You could use a pastry bag, but that's not as much fun. I like this concept because it can hide the imperfection from above.



And finally, we cut 8 rolls into pieces and threw them into a aluminum pan to make a form a monkey bread. This is the picture before the glaze was added:



I enjoyed this class because it is great to see how you can manipulate one recipe into multiple products. I never made cinnamon rolls from scratch and it's honestly a simple thing to do. I might have to add this into the Sunday breakfast rotation.

No comments:

Post a Comment