Sunday, October 3, 2010

Pretzels, Baguettes, Pie Dough

In Tuesday's breads class, we got to practice baguettes in preparation for the upcoming practical final on October 12. I saw some improvement in my baguettes, but still have some work to do in order to ace the final.

As a class, we also made 250 bavarian pretzels which the school will utilize at A Taste of Charleston, which is an event held at Boone Hall Plantation on October 10. I enjoy the pretzel making so this was a pretty fun class overall.

In the afternoon Bakeshop class, we worked with pie doughs. I've worked with pie dough in the past so my frustration level was high when my pie dough wouldn't cooperate with me. I also knicked my finger while slicing apples so the combination wasn't too great. We baked a granny smith apple pie, which was extremely tart for my taste. Nothing too exciting here.

No comments:

Post a Comment